If it’s been more than a year since your last chimney inspection, now is a good time to schedule one. Having your chimney inspected on a yearly basis brings you a number of very important benefits.
Fire N’ Stone of Tilton, NH, provides all three levels of chimney inspection as recognized by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA). Our technicians are CSIA-certified, and are here to help keep your chimney safe and prevent any chimney leaks that could arise.
Don’t Neglect Your Chimney
When you use a chimney year after year without inspections, serious problems are sure to happen.
- Small cracks in the bricks and mortar get worse and allow in more water to freeze and expand and cause further damage
- Minor chimney crown damage becomes major crown damage
- Creosote builds up inside the flue to the point that a major chimney fire is possible and the drafting of smoke and deadly carbon monoxide is hindered
- Rust from leaks forms on the fireplace damper, preventing it from opening and closing completely
- Chimney structural problems that were easy to repair early on become dangerous structural compromises that put the home and the people who live in it at risk
We Inspect Your Chimney Inside AND Out
When you arrange to have our certified chimney sweeps clean your chimney or when you schedule just a chimney inspection, we’ll look closely at both the inside and outside of your chimney system.
We use specialized video imaging technology (Level 2 inspection, see below) to allow us and you to see down inside the flue where it would be impossible to see with the naked eye. This will tell us exactly what kinds of issues we may be facing – a damaged chimney liner, evidence of a chimney leak, excess creosote, a buildup of outside debris, etc.
Our team also inspects your chimney’s bricks and mortar, watching for early signs of cracks and crumbling. We continue by checking your chimney’s components such as the chimney cap, chimney crown, chimney flashing and fireplace damper.
With our meticulous analysis, you’ll know exactly what’s going on with your chimney and what, if anything, needs to be repaired or replaced to ensure safe, efficient operation.
And, of course, we provide a full menu of chimney repair services – all done by our own team. We never subcontract chimney repair, chimney cleaning, chimney inspection or any other services.
3 Levels of Chimney Inspection
Fire N’ Stone offers all three chimney inspection levels sanctioned by the CSIA.
Level 1: The basic chimney inspection of all visible areas of the chimney system.
Level 2: Always includes a video chimney inspection and is performed when:
- The home is being sold – we’ll prepare the inspection report for buyers
- The system is being altered such as by a new appliance, or when relining
- A fire or weather event or other occurrence is believed to have damaged some part of the chimney
Level 3: Performed when a previous inspection turns up evidence of significant damage in hidden areas within the chimney system.
Schedule Your Chimney Inspection Today
If it’s time to have your chimney professionally inspected by local experts who’ve served New Hampshire’s Lakes Region for more than 13 years, call Fire N’ Stone today. We’re family-owned and family-operated and ready to help when you need us. Call (603) 293-4040.